Saturday, August 23, 2008
A few of my favorite things quotes...Education Week
Connie Sokol- "50% of the carb cravings come from really craving the spirit." "Just say no." Stan Grippen- "Laughter is the shortest distance between 2 people." Merrilee Boyack (from about 8 lectures) "Busy is not a matter of time, it's a matter of choice." "Write down your gotta-do's, should-do's, and next sprinkle in your could-do's." "Get your children to do service....it's a key to some children's hearts to feel spiritual things." "Give your children experiences to feel the spirit and then talk to them about what they are feeling. We all don't feel the spirit the same way." "Out of all of God's billions of creations, there is NO ONE LIKE YOU!!!!" When she was in Young womens, the leaders asked the mothers to share with their daughters some of their goals that they had made when they were their age. Merrilee's mom always wanted to be able to fit in her wedding dress so she came out to talk in her wedding dress. She also wanted to be well read in the gospel and so she brought out a cart that was filled with all the books she had read on gospel subjects. This made a huge impression on Merrilee. "Teach your children to pray--not just say their prayers and then wait after their prayers and ask, "How do you feel?" "Let others develop at their own pace...and DO NOT INTERFERE. It's not YOUR problem." "Learn to say....so what....(It is really free-ing, too!!!) "Instant and relentless...is not the way of eternity!!!!!" Timothy Bothell- "Don't worry..just keep moving forward." When you are teaching something and you feel the spirit to move you in another direction, just say..."Nevermind what I have said...let's go onto something else." He has heard General Authorities stop mid-sentence and go onto another topic. Usually when we receive revelation, we have asked a question first. Eyring- "I promise if you'll use your gifts to serve someone else, you'll feel the Lord's love for that person. You will also feel his love for you." Lynn Scoresby- "If you are in the criticalness trap....write down everything that is bugging you and take 15 min per day instead of just being critical all day long." Randall Wright- "Rules without a relationship=rebellion. If your children know that you adore and love them, then you can be firm rules. You be the leader in your home!!!! Sean Covey- "When our children turn 12, we take them to any temple that they want to go to." Make fun family traditions. Scott Anderson- We can and will win this fight. All the prophets saw our day and took great courage in us because they knew we would and will WIN!!!!!! Sis. Hinkley- "I am so glad my husband let me do what I wanted...he had no choice." Pres. Hinkley- "Things will work out."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Favorite Links
My Favorite Books
My Favorite Movies
- 13 Going on 30
- Big
- Contact
- The Kid
- The Notebook
My Blogger Buddies
- Alisha and Anthony
- Amanda and Keith
- Amy and Ed
- Amy B D (My Sis!)
- Amy Huhtala
- Amy W
- Andrea J
- Brenda and Brett
- Brittney
- Carrie and Troy
- Charlene
- Denise B
- Emily and Brook Monroe
- Heidi and Cord
- Jenn H
- Jill M
- Karin and Mike
- Kelly M
- Kim T
- Kristen and Jon
- Lauren
- Liana and Todd
- Lori D
- Melissa and Dave
- Mike and Amy (My Bro!!!)
- Phyllisa
- Rachelle and Seth



2 comments:
Thanks for sharing Michelle--Someday I will go to Ed. Week. I know I would love it. Have you read the trilogy, in the company of Good Women? About the 3 friends who meet at Ed. Week?? It's great--really, really great. I think you would like it.
Where do you get the book? You are so sweet. I love reading your notes. I was laughing at myself when I wrote a "few" of my favorite things and there is a ton of quotes that I wrote down. I would love to get together
Post a Comment